Sunday 20 October 2013

BOOK OF THE DAY: The Zul Enigma by J M Leitch

by J M Leitch 



BOOK DESCRIPTION
The Zul Enigma, a futuristic thriller fused in reality, seamlessly weaves New Age beliefs with hard, scientific facts. Set in 2068 it follows a quest to expose the perpetrator behind a cataclysmic event that occurs on 21 December 2012, end of the Mayan calendar, that changes the world forever.

Underpinned by a theme of betrayal, the novel is set against a backdrop of climate change, overpopulation, world war, alien visitations, presidential plots, global deception and a new world order.

A venomous twist reveals the most horrific conspiracy one could ever imagine and Zul is behind it. But who... or what... is Zul?

Buried deep beneath layers of subterfuge lurks the shocking truth.


AUTHOR BIO


When Mum picked me up after my first day of primary school I was in tears. 'Whatever's the matter?' she asked. I spat out words between heaving staccato sobs. They were an accusing finger. 'YOU said I'd learn to read!'
It took much longer than I expected... but I did learn to read and I've not stopped since. I also learned to write and I published my first novel in 2011, The Zul Enigma (www.thezulenigma.com).
As to my background? Well, I was born just outside London, England, and moved to Asia where I've lived half my life. I now spend my time between Singapore, Assam in North East India, Bali in Indonesia and the UK.
In addition to reading and writing I enjoy hanging out with my family and friends. I love laughing and try to spend as much time doing that as I can. I think it keeps me healthy! My hobbies are reading, tennis and travelling. I also enjoy good food and wine. Mmm...


REVIEWS
5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced, action-packed adventureAugust 11, 2012
By 
Christine Rice (Worcester, MA USA) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Zul Enigma (Kindle Edition)
"The Zul Enigma" by J M Leitch is a refreshing story, as it is not like any other. It doesn't fit into a certain genre and has lots of twists and turns in the plot. I can tell Leitch put her heart and soul into this book, as it is a high-quality read. The plot is solid, the characters are memorable, and the storyline will keep you guessing.

The multifaceted story covers politics, religion, relationships, secret service, government, and outer space. It goes into the depths of betrayal and lies. It takes place during a time when the end of the world is near and it is evident with all the conflicts and problems occurring.

Because the plot is solid, it is clear that the details were thoroughly researched to make it so believable. The characters are distinct and vivid, and some of them held my heart. The optimist in me wanted everything and everyone to be okay, but in actuality, it was quite the opposite.

This is a very long book, and I would have liked to see the author make it into two books. And there is a lot of alcohol drinking and alcoholic behaviors in this book, which I'm not fond of. Those two minor setbacks did not keep me from enjoying the story or change my feeling about the book, because I give it five stars.

I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy conspiracy, science-fiction, action, and thought-provoking storytelling. This book will take you to another world, and the action will keep you turning the pages.


5.0 out of 5 stars CompellingJune 25, 2012
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Zul Enigma (Kindle Edition)
The Zul Enigma is a great story. A bit of a slow start, but once the momentum started to build it became an exciting and unstoppable ride all the way to the finish. This book made me think. At times a little overwhelming, yet I could not put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment